How do you deal with sleep problems?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you deal with sleep problems?

A good night of rest will help you be healthy and look better. We all have nights when stress is keeping us awake. How do you deal with this? Do you have any tips for a good night of rest?

For seemingly sleepless nights, I take coffee, it helps me induce sleep.

Comment

A nice shower before bed is a good way for me to sleep. I do have a habit of using my smart phone in bed so that is not good. If you can steer far from your smart phone. When I want to fall asleep, I will watch something history on YouTube and immediately fall asleep.

Comment

I don't usually have this type of problem, but I think a good cold bath always helps in those situations (yeah... I like cold baths ). The body becomes more relaxed and it is easier to feel sleepy.

Comment

Valerian tea has been working absolute wonders for me. You have to drink it two to three times a day for about two weeks before you start seeing any results, but after it's been loaded into your system, a cup of it about two hours before bed will guarantee you a full night of sleep.

The other way I deal with sleep problems is through meditation. The main reason I can't sleep is because my mind is going crazy and planning, worrying, or just fantasizing. By meditating during the day I learn to discipline my mind so when I say "lights out" it's lights out.

Comment

If i find it hard to sleep the solution is almost always a glass of my favorite soy milk and watching some story on my laptop until I fall asleep.

Comment

Sleep problems is a common among most of the people.We can avoid or remove it by following some steps.Always stick to regular sleep schedule.Get regular exercise.Try to avoid small naps. Get rid of slowly caffeine,alcohol and nicotine.Avoid late meals especially meals within two hours of bed.Make sure your bedroom is dark,quiet and cool.

Comment

With sleep problems I find taking a relaxing bath really helpful. With this I usually drink some camomile tea.

Comment

My approach is different from others, I make extra work and make myself more tired, then when I'm really exhausted, as soon as I lay down on the bed, I'll be knocked out in less than a minute.

Comment

Exercising has definitely helped me. I usually go for evening walks and this help to clear my mind and have a better sleep. You can also listening to meditating music. There is a wide range of sleep inducing music available on YouTube which I regularly listen to. I have also heard that drinking a glass of warm milk before going to bed might help.

Comment

Not getting a good night's sleep can make the next day a struggle. If you are into meditating that is a great way to help you sleep if you do it before you go to bed. Trying to turn your thoughts off at nighttime can be a real struggle and meditation helps with that. Some people have noise machines that make noises of hard rain and other sounds, if you like that. I sometimes have to use over the counter sleep aids to help me fall asleep. I use the kind without pain medication in it and is non-habit forming. I don't recommend these but sometimes it is necessary for me because I take medication that prevents me from being sleepy. There are other alternatives like sleeping with a fan on which I like.

Comment

I have rather an unorthodox way of getting myself sleepy with a proven record of success. Remember falling asleep with the textbook as a kid preparing for a test? I do exactly that. Reach for a subject on the bookshelf you loathe and concentrate all your heart and soul in it (it's maths for me), it doesn't take long before my eyelids struggle to open and voila, insomnia solved (in my case at least).

Comment

Originally posted by jitendra0342 View Post
                          Sleep problems is a common among most of the people.We can avoid or remove it by following some steps.Always stick to regular sleep schedule.Get regular exercise.Try to avoid small naps. Get rid of slowly caffeine,alcohol and nicotine.Avoid late meals especially meals within two hours of bed.Make sure your bedroom is dark,quiet and cool.
                          I agree, this is exactly what I do and I put my phone far away from me so that I won't be tempted to use it. At first it will be hard but just stay with the routine and you will be good in no time.

Comment

I'm having a lot of problems with this. To a point where my doctor has even prescribed me sleeping pills because I can't get enough sleep. It seems like I 25-30 hours a day to have a normal cycle because I almost always need to be awake for ~20 hours, but I also need about 8 hours of sleep. Drives me nuts my sleep schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by blaine019 View Post

I agree, this is exactly what I do and I put my phone far away from me so that I won't be tempted to use it. At first it will be hard but just stay with the routine and you will be good in no time.
                              Yes .You are right mobile is also a big distraction that hinder our sleeping time. We usually temped to check whatsapp, facebook on phone when we keep it at our bed. It is really hard to keep distance from it. But we have to do it for our proper sleep and health.

Comment

Working...
                              X