Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you remove the skin from fruits and vegetables?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of the fruits I eat with peel, as I believe they contain a lot of minerals and vitamins, even more, essential ones, which are found in the pulp. I eat apples, peaches, tomatoes, potatoes, carrots with the peel. Same goes for lemons. As for other citrus fruits, I peel them, but I keep peel for other goals. I love the smell of orange peel in pies or cakes. Sometimes I dry out the orange peel and brew my tea with it, or make a natural body scrub. Even banana peel can be used as a remedy for pimples, if applied topically, or as a mild bleach for teeth. Why throw the peel, if You can benefit from them?!

Comment

I peel off the skin of the fruits and vegetables that is needed to cook or eat without skin, while I leave the skin with the fruits and vegetables that can be eaten with skin. Because they say that there's still nutrients that can be found in the skin of fruits and vegetables.

Comment

It really depends on the fruit and where you got it from really, some fruits have to be peeled, because the peels can cause stomach pain for certain people and if you have bought some from unknown sources, they might not be hygienic enough, so peeling them sounds like a good idea.

Comment

Working...
        X